Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automation error System call failed

HI,

After I configured 20 Symbols (FOREX) on my account I started to receive this "Automation error System call failed" error. and winsig.exe and eSignal hang consuming 80-90% of CPU time.
    I happens when volume is high (market open).

The only way I can fix it to restart eSignal and My App.

I am using RequestHistory function to restore all missing data and track all current changes to the market .

Please help.

Similar problem

It seems we have a similar problem.

We use the RequestHistory function to get closing prices for a number of futures symbols.

After 10 minutes the application crashes ("Automation error...") and just before the CPU usage increases sharply to 50%.

So far we have not figured out how to get yesterday's closing prices.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Comment

try:

1. only getting the number of bars that you need and not more because that will affect the efficiency at peak hours.

2. use the esignal_onbarschanged/received events instead of polling for data with get_IsHistoryReady().

3. when data is ready check that there is actually that number of bars as you have expected ready in the cache with call to function esignal.GetNumBars(int handle). I realise sometimes that at times of high traffic volumens, the bars might come in instalments or might come in at a delayed interval as the buffer takes time to fill.

I am tracking about 70 symbols and never had that error message.

Comment

Hi Atham, thank you for your reply.

We have already tried esignal_onbarschanged/received and following problem came up:

- the function waits for an event from eSignal but no response came.

We use:

historyHandle = esignal.RequestHistory(symbol, "D", btDAYS, 2, -1, -1)

After this function there is no response from eSignal. The normal updates of symbols (onQuoteChanged) works fine but not the history (we only would need yesterday's closing price).

So we don't even get to esignal_onbarschanged/received.

Comment

Working...
        X