X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop API

Hi

Not sure if I am in the wrong forum

I have been working on some studies for trading the emini and mini dow.

At the moment, I am data exporting CSV files into excel and then manipulating the data to give me the result I require.

As you can imagine, I have only progressed to the back testing stage.

I have now hired a developer who will take this forward for me.

I would prefer access to XML or API but I have been told that as I am not a corporate user, I can only be offered Desk Top API.

Basically, what I require is real time downloads of raw data which I can then manipulate and then throw out an answer.

I look forward to your response
    Andy

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your post. You are right, our open feed products (including XML, ActiveMAF and Quotesource), all of which gives real time raw data, are for corporate users only and there is an agreement that needs to be signed by the user mainly for data usage limitation. Also the cost of these open feed products are relatively much higher than our Desktop API users and depend on the end users you are distributing the data to (XML~$1000, ActiveMAF ~ $5000 for about 100 users).

So as a single user, since you want real time downloads of raw data, our Desktop API can be used to manipulate data according to your needs. But this requires our eSignal application and the Data Manager to be running. Although you didn't mention if you are already using our eSignal application, I am assuming this is the case.

Please visit the link below for further information on Desktop API.

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...r=&groupid=185

Regards,
    Samira
    eSignal Developer Support

Comment

Samira

Since we last spoke, I have carried out much more testing.

As a by product of this testing, I have created a few black box stratergies based upon eSignal studies.

Is there any restriction in offering these strategies to other eSignal users. The plan is to place the strategies on a web site that I will construct .

As I am using eSignal data to build these studies, my strategies can only be accessed by eSignal users.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards
      Andy

Comment

You should call me to discuss your needs. I also have developed many "trading robots" for clients and know exactly what you are going to need to do.

you can do it all on your own if you want?? or you can contact me and I'll tell you what you need to do and what type of issues you'll have.
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
        X