time at settlement price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time at settlement price

I am currently using the Desktop API. Is there anyway for me to know the exact time market reaches a settlement price (either by quotes, history or time&sales or any other method)? I have to run the historical data (up to the completed trading day) through my software engine for analysis BEFORE next trading day starts.

get_RequestHistory() will add the new trading day at the top of the list only when the trading day starts but that will be too late for me. I also thought of tracking the closing price but since the closing price for the present day is always changing to the last Bid price, there's is no way I can tell from that when the settlement price has been finalised. Reason why I need the exact time for settlement price is because it's time sensitive as some markets are back-to-back like the forex. I need to load orders before market opens.

Please point in me in the right direction. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi atham,

If you are using requestHistory for tick data, you will only get Trade updates...no bid/ask. So the close should not change to the Bid price, and you should be able to narrow down the settlement afterhours. You would make your request similar to this:

esignal.RequestHistory(sym, "1T", btDAYS, 1, 0, 0)

Or, you could use a Time & Sales request. See page 4-7 of the documentation for details on setting up a time & sales filter.

Starr
    eSignal Developer Support

Comment

Thanks for the reply StarrM.

Using the historical ticks, how do you suggest I narrow down the settlement price or know the time at which the settlement price was reached? I know this is not a technical question but I have been stuck with this for sometime now. I can measure the amount of activity by ticks nearing the after hours but that would require me to know track the start and end times of every market, something which I am trying to avoid because the different timezones and daylight savings can be very confusing and non-automatic. Most ideal is for esignal to trigger me. Any advice from you will be most helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X