Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted handles for RequestHistory

Questions:

1. I am getting a number of unwanted or unrecorded int handles in OnBarsChanged() even before calling RequestHistory(...). What's happening? I did call ReleaseAllHistory() to cleanup.

2. The int handles that esignal dishes out is incremental even when ReleaseHistory(handle) is called. This must be an internal counter in esignal. What happens when this counter reaches the max allowable number for the 32-bit integer? Reboot esignal?

3. I am tracking using the desktop api and DDE. My esignal account allows me to a limit of 200 symbols. Will the same symbol monitored in DDE and the api be counted as 1 single symbol or 2? I received a message from the data manager that I have exceeded the max allowable symbol for my account but I was only tracking about 50 symbols.

Pls advice. thanks

Last edited by atham; 06-21-2006, 02:35 AM.

Questions:

1. I am getting a number of unwanted or unrecorded int handles in OnBarsChanged() even before calling RequestHistory(...). What's happening? I did call ReleaseAllHistory() to cleanup.

> This is not likely to happen. Upon restarting your application and eSignal, do you still get onBarsChanged events with handles?
    Do these handle start from 0? Make sure that after you have processed history data from a handle, you have to
    call esignal.ReleaseHistory (historyHandle). When your application exits, to be safe, you need to release individual history handles previously returned.

2. The int handles that esignal dishes out is incremental even when ReleaseHistory(handle) is called. This must be an internal counter in esignal. What happens when this counter reaches the max allowable number for the 32-bit integer? Reboot esignal?

> Everytime you restart eSignal, this handle gets re-set and go back to zero. Any subsequent invocation of onBarChanged event will present a new handle incremented by one. 32-bit integer is a huge number and it will loop around when the handle number is exceeded. Shouldn't be a problem here.

3. I am tracking using the desktop api and DDE. My esignal account allows me to a limit of 200 symbols. Will the same symbol monitored in DDE and the api be counted as 1 single symbol or 2? I received a message from the data manager that I have exceeded the max allowable symbol for my account but I was only tracking about 50 symbols.

> It should be counted as 1 symbol. Same idea, if you monitor "INTC" in both eSignal and in your application. When you open up Data->Symbol in the DataManager, you will only see that "INTC" is only counted once.

> When your application exits, make sure you call ReleaseSymbol for any symbol you have called RequestSymbol for. If in doubt, please refer to the DataManager to see for the list of symbols being monitored at the moment.

Pls advice. thanks

Comment

Working...
    X