Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• application deployment issue

Hi,

I have 2 eSignal user accounts: one with ActiveX technology, another is not. On my development machine, I always use user name with ActiveX technology. So I do not have account IsEntitle issue. When I deploy the application to server (the server uses the account without ActiveX technology), I get error message saying the account is not entitled. So I change the server to the one with ActiveX technology in Data Manager and eSignal. However it doesn't help at the beginning, then it works itself later (I have no idea how it starts to work suddenly). Here are my questions.
    1. What is the right way to deploy and setup esignal account in .Net application? I am using .Net 2003 Setup.msi to deploy the application. In my Setup project, do I need to include any extra Interop.IESignal.dll in the Setup.msi? Currently I don’t include it in Setup.msi as there is already one at the Detected Dependencies area in Setup.msi.
    2. I was told that “Your application should read the winsig.ini file to determine the user's login credentials. There is no need to package the winsig.exe file with your application, as end users will already have installed it with the eSignal application.” Can someone explain how I can accomplish it?
    3. Should I add reference Interop.IESignal in my .Net 2003 project? If not, I can’t compile the project. If yes, the installation package will include the winsig.exe automatically by .Net 2003.
    4. In my installation package, there is an executable file named winsig.exe (VS.NET 2003 adds the file in the installation package itself). Besides eSignal Data Manager and eSignal, do I need to set up user name in winsign.exe as well?
    5. also, I was told that my application can not be distributed without first having it certified and purchasing the application string. Once you have the string, end users will be able to use my program. How can I do it?
    I have been stuck by issue for almost 2 days. Many thanks for you help!!
    Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Please review the emails we have sent you in response to these questions.

Thanks,
    Starr
    eSignal Developer Support

Comment

Working...
    X