Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic trading system development

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a desktop client application that will take the Buy/Sell signals (from several charts in EFS) and issue the appropriate order to IB's desktop application.

Would someone point me some of the related links or sample resources? Many thanks.

Some of the questions that I want to find answers to are, for example:

-will I need multiple charts to be opened in order for my desktop client to see the Buy/Sell signals?

-do my desktop client need to poll the eSignal desktop client regulary, or is it event driven/interrupt? If so, how reliable is it, in terms of coherency between the buy/sell signals seen in the charts and the events?

-which language is best suited for this task? I'm inclined to use C++, but which one? Is there any speed, or any other issues associated with C++ or other language?

It would be nice if some of the experts out there can shed some light on these.

Thank you in advance.

William

Re: automatic trading system development

Hello William,

As far as EFS goes, the desktop API does not have any built-in functionality to access signals generated by an EFS. The only methods that I'm aware of to get signals from EFS to a custom application is by connecting the EFS to a custom dll (see DLL Object) or by reading/writing data to text files (see File Object).
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks, Jason,

If I were to write a dll, any order signal generated in my efs would have to interrupt the dll to execute the orders, is that correct?

If I want to have the most reliable interrupt to my dll, would C++ be sufficient? Or it doesn't matter.

William

Comment

Hello William,

I believe so. Your EFS code would send some data to a function in your dll for processing. Using C++ will be sufficient.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

With DLL, is it only one way, i.e. an event in efs can trigger an external client through DLL?

Can it deal with two-way interrupts, i.e. the external client application sends an interrupt to the efs? Is there a solution for that?

William

Comment

Hello William,

Originally posted by wwong112
            With DLL, is it only one way, i.e. an event in efs can trigger an external client through DLL?
            Correct.

Can it deal with two-way interrupts, i.e. the external client application sends an interrupt to the efs? Is there a solution for that?

William
            I don't believe there is a method to generate an execution of the EFS from an event external to eSignal. The execution of an EFS formula is strictly controlled by events in the Advanced Chart.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
            EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
            X