ReleaseSymbol not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReleaseSymbol not working

Environment: C#, VS 2003, IEsignal library imported by VS (version 1.0)

Two questions:
    1) I subscribe to Quote events like so:
    esignal.RequestSymbol ("MSFT", 1)

and want to unsubscribe from them, so I use:

esignal.ReleaseSymbol("MSFT")

I've checked that I only call RequestSymbol once and that I call ReleaseSymbol once as well, but the OnQuote event keeps firing. Any ideas? Is there a utility available to log the message traffic to verify that I'm sending the right things?

2) Inside my OnQuote event handler, I've been calling XMLGetBasicQuote instead of GetBasicQuote (what the doc that Randy e-mailed me said to use). Is this function a replacement, and GetBasicQuote is obsolete?

If you'd like the source code to my project, please let me know.

Many Thanks,
    Ben
    Last edited by benlips; 11-28-2006, 02:23 PM.
    Ben Lipson
    Chief Technical Officer
    ben (at) tradeoms dot com
    www.tradeoms.com

The eSignal ReleaseSymbol method should work as expected. After calling this method for MSFT, do you still see this symbol listed in the eSignal DataManager->Data->Symbols? (assuming that you don't have this symbol listed in a quote window in the eSignal application)

You should be using eSignal.GetBasicQuote upon eSignal_OnQuoteChanged events. You can consult our VB sample at the ActiveX Development Group on http://share.esignal.com.

Comment

Hi Anthony,
      Thanks for the prompt response. I'm not positive if I need to do anything special with the Data Manager -- it adds the ticker (MSFT) automatically to the symbol list, but does not remove it, even after the ReleaseSymbol was called.

I tried building one of the samples from the site, and it did the same thing...added the tickers, but didn't remove them automatically from the Data Manager window. However, when I added the symbols into the eSignal Application it added them, but when I closed out those windows, it didn't remove them either...

Second question (GetBasicQuote)...it seems that visual studio wrapped your dll and made it into "get_GetBasicQuote". That retrieves the data just fine.

(FYI, I'm on the latest build of eSignal, right off the website, Windows XP SP2)
      Ben Lipson
      Chief Technical Officer
      www.tradeoms.com

Comment

Another note...the ReleaseSymbol seemed to work with "MSFT" most of the time, but I've never had it work with "CAD M3-LME"

Any known issues with spaces?

Thanks,
        Ben
        Ben Lipson
        Chief Technical Officer
        www.tradeoms.com

Comment

Spaces in the symbol should not be an issue. Can you try running our VB sample and bring up the Real-time data page. After that, try adding a symbol and get real-time data. Check out the symbol list in DataManager and confirm that that symbol is added. Later, click the "Stop" button and ensure data has stopped coming in and in eSignal DataManager the symbol is actually removed.

Keep in mind that when you do this testing, make sure there is no symbols added in eSignal application quote window.

Comment

Working...
          X