API Data Manager and eSignal Chart Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API Data Manager and eSignal Chart Problem

My software guy just replaced QCharts QFeed (continuum client) with eSignal's API and I have some issues with the way the API is launched. When I start up my software both the API data manager and the eSignal chart software launch together. What happens is the I get a message that says my account is not active for the data manger (which it is of course) and thus the data feed from from the API doesn't start. At the same time the eSignal chart software starts as well. If I launch the data manger before I start my software then the data feed is fine and I am logged in okay. There are two issues here. 1. I want to de-link the API data manager and the eSignal charting software and 2. I think if this happens then maybe the login problem might disappear. Any thoughts how to fix this?

Thanks

Hello,

What I believe is happening here is that you are launching the eSignal app which will launch both the eSignal program and the Data Manager which it's supposed to do.

We can bypass this by launching the Data Manager only. If you open the data manager first by itself, it will not open the eSignal program.

You can do this by clicking on the Start menu in the lower left hand side of the screen. Go to All Programs and locate eSignal. A drop down menu will appear. In the menu should be an icon just for the Data Manager. Click on it to open the data manager.

For easy access to the data manager, go back to the start menu, go to all programs, and look for eSignal. Look for the data manager and then right click on it. Another menu will appear. Look for "Send To" and then go down to "desktop (create shortcut)". This will then place it on your desktop so you can access it with out having to go through the start menu.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X