Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API datafeed limits

Hello,
    I searched through all the threads on the forum, but i didn't find any answer to my question:
    With tradestation Globalserver I can download 6 months of full tick data (last, ask, bid); e.g. I downloaded about 22 millions tick of the 10-year T-note. That's OK.
    Why it's not possible to do the same through API's (the data servers should be the same but i can't download more than 10 days of tick data)?

Regards

Marco

The API limits tick retreival by design. The GlobalServer should behave the same way but the code is a number of years old and somehow was able to get around the intended limitation. In simple terms, we need to limit how much tick data the desktop can retrieve at one time (for bandwidth and server modelling).

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
      we need to limit how much tick data the desktop can retrieve at one time (for bandwidth and server modelling).
      Thx
      I understand the problem, but THE PRINCIPAL reason I subscribed esignal AND desktop api was for its capability of down load 6 months of tick and intraday data (like Globalserver does). To discover now that it's impossible is not a good surprise, and I don't know if esignal is still good for me.
      Is there any way to solve the problem ?
      Marco

Comment

We have never advertised anything other than 10 days of tick. Please see this KB article which we reference regularly.

From our perspective, the problem lies in the TS2000i plug-in and I'm sorry if you were mislead to conclude we supported 120 days of tick data. We simply do not via our API's and desktop products.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X