API Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API Setup

I am trying to setup the eSignal API using the CreateInstance code below which should allow me better error handling when the object can not be created. The problem is that this generates the error " 'RequestHistory' is not a member of IHooks". I can not find the correct TCOM... item that contains the RequestHistory function. Can someone provide some guidance for setting this up correctly?

TCOMIHOOKS MyHooks;

HRESULT hr = MyHooks.CreateInstance( CLSID_Hooks );

Hi patrick256,

I believe your syntax should be Activator.CreateInstance. See this link for more info.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ce(VS.80).aspx

Incidentally, I don't believe we've had anyone try this type of instantiation before. If it does not work you should use the standard method (eg. esignal = new IESignal.HooksClass(); )

If it does work, we'd love to see a code snippet if you don't mind sharing. I'll play with it here in one of our samples as well.

Comment

In your code below how are you declaring "esignal"? I am not programming in a Microsoft compiler so I thing it works a little different for me.

esignal = new IESignal.HooksClass();

Comment

I figured out the answer to my own question. The Activator.CreateInstance is for .NET which I am not using. My C++ setup is a little different but I got it working.

Comment

Working...
        X