Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API connection

Hi, I am tyrying to connect to your API but get the return:

not entitled ( we set application using our account username and wnen we query for entitled it returns zero)

My connection to the data manager is green and my connection to eSignal has 2 green "ok's".

I am using the same username in my app. to connect to the API as i use to logon to data manager and esignal.

I checked with the helpdesk that my username has the necessary entiltlements (activeXDevelopment) and they confirm it has.

Any suggestions on how I can get this to work (i have attached the relevant code)
    Attached Files

this is an echo from the past.... (i first started using this API about three years ago.... lots of arrows in my chest.)

the not entitled is non-deterministic and you will get an entitled eventually if you are. meaning they are lying to you but just ignore it...

i think somehow the old eSignal people rationalized this way back when.....

-Jim

Comment

thanks Jim - good to se there IS life out there!

connected in the end......

Comment

This was referenced recently by another user, and as the explanation presented is incomplete we wanted to make some clarifications.

If you only check for entitlements once, you may in fact miss the Entitled response. We recommend that you use a timer to check for entitlements, and set a flag to stop checking once the response is received. Something like this:

In your load or main:

checkEntitlements = 0

Then:

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
        If checkEntitlements = 0 Then
        If esignal.IsEntitled() Then
        txtEntitlements.Text = "Entitled"
        checkEntitlements = 1
        Else
        txtEntitlements.Text = "Not Entitled. Please check your username."
        End If
        End If