Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using API with .Net

Hi,

How can I use the eSignal API with .Net?
    Does anybody have sample code for doing that?

Thanks,

Varpi.

Yes you can.
    You can find samples in the FileShare for the API for C# / VB.Net (see the first sticky post on this forum)

I personally vouch that this works...

Comment

Yes it certainly does ...

I converted the "vb sample" code and re-developed it in Visual Basic Visual Studio Express (the free IDE from Microsoft)

The IDE did a reasonable job through its "conversion wizzard" with lots of feedback (errors/warnings) on how to change the code to get it working OK ... minimal effort was required to get it working in an .Net environment etc ...

Regards,

Gary W.

Comment

Per my discussions with eSignal support: .NET 1.1 and VS2003 is supported. Later versions (e.g., VS2005 and .NET 2.0) are not supported. eSignal's Starr told me in an email that they have encountered numerous problems with .NET 2.0 and VS2005). I am trying to find out if VISTA with .NET 3.0 is supported.

Comment

Funny, I have to problems what so ever.
          Did he/they elaborate?

Anyway, if .NET 2.0 works, so should 3.0 since 3.0 contains no runtime changes, just more classes on the .NET BCL (Base Class Library) side.

I find it very disturbing that they have encountered problems, since using .NET with eSignal Desktop API should only "strain" the COM interop of .NET 2.0...

Comment

Working...
          X