Bad Symbol Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Symbol Identification

If a symbol that is not supported by my subscription or a bad symbol, is sent through the function Hooks1->RequestHistory(...) I still get a Handle number back from the function. This means I have a valid eSignal handle but no data is going to ever come. Is there a way to identify symbols not supported by the users subscription? Is there an API function which will check if a symbol is valid?

Thanks
    Patrick

You can take advantage of the IsValidSymbol method. It returns non-zero if the symbol is valid and 0 otherwise.

Comment

The IsSymbolValid will return 1 = valid for symbols that I have not subscribed to and can not get data for. For example I do not subscribe to the CBOT futures symbols so if I enter S K7 for Soybean May 2007 the IsSymbolValid will return 1 = valid but there will never be any data returned for this symbol.

You might consider adding a return value that indicates the symbol is valid but is not authorized by the subscription. That would be used to prevent making calls to get data for symbols the user is not subscribed to.

Thanks
      Patrick

Comment

Working...
      X