Vista and IESignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista and IESignal

I've been using the desktop API for a couple of years fine with XP. After installing Esignal on Vista, I'm not able to find the IESignal COM itnerface that my applicaitons reference. I've been looking for causes or workarounds, but nothing works.
    Esignal itself works fine. I'm using VS2005.

Has anybody else seen this?

Your can try referencing winsig.exe under
    c:\Program Files\eSignal\

Comment

Here's a workaround for you.

ESignal seems to register the COM interface during RUNTIME rather than installation.

So what you need to do is to run winsig.exe AT LEAST ONCE with administrator privileges.

You can right click the shortcut/.exe file and select "Run as Administrator".

Comment

Great! thanks! that worked... I though it was something with the Administrator rights change, but that never occured to me.

Chris

Comment

Glad to hear!
          I think the ESignal folks should fix this in their installer.

Since vista autoatically rins installers with Administrator priviliges, this should fix the only (known to me) issue with ESignal on Vista.

I'm working with ESignal on vista x64 and havn't encountered any other bugs.

I'll be happy to see someone from ESignal acknoledge this problem and post on this thread to show that they are listening...

Comment

Working...
          X