Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cosole application

Hi
    how to create a console application in VC++ to fetch live quote.

i am creating a sample application to fetch live quote but my application get exit after sending the request to eSignal for the symbol.and not receiving event handler.

thanks in advanse
    Meraj

Hi Meraj,

Thanks for your inquiry. The eSignal Desktop API is not intended nor does eSignal support its use for console applications. The eSignal Desktop API is a component of the eSignal Application and is intended to run as an add-on to the eSignal Applicaiton.

An example implementation would be one that opens charts within the eSignal application, receives live quotes for a number of symbols (normally less than 50), and performs some analytics on that data. This applicaiton would run on the end-user's machine and run using the end-user's eSignal account credentials.

The eSignal Desktop API is intended for individual users and not as a server or console application. Attempting to write an application to use the eSignal Desktop API in this fashion would not only be problemmatic at best, but also in violation of eSignal policies.

- Todd -
    Todd Gafford | Developer Support and API Product Manager | Interactive Data Desktop Solutions
    3955 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545

Comment

console application

Hi Todd

my intension was not to vilote eSignal plicies.i was just trying to fetch live quote using console application(not dialog based).the sample examples available on the froum to fetch live quote is dialog based,i.e one has to create a dialog box,my requirement is not to create dialog box just using a console window fetch live quote for different different symbols simultaniously,is it possible with Desktop API.

please let me know.

thanks in advanse
      Meraj

Comment

Hi Meraj,

I'm sorry-- the writing of console applications using the eSignal Desktop API is not supported, which is why eSignal doesn't provide a sample for that type of implementation.

- Todd -
        Todd Gafford | Developer Support and API Product Manager | Interactive Data Desktop Solutions
        3955 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545

Comment

Live Quote for Multiple Symbols

Hi

is it possible to fetch live quote for multiple symbols simultaneously,say for example i want to fetch live quote for IBM and MSFT simultaneously.

so waht to do?

thanks in advanse
          Meraj

Comment

Working...
          X