Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting dynamic historical data into Excel

Hi,
    I am wondering whether the following can be accomplished: I have a security, lets say the EURUSD spot fx quote and output the current real-time price quote in Excel through the DDE link. No problem. Now, next to it I want to display the EURUSD spot fx quote from one hour ago in order to display the change. I want both to update frequently, either at set intervals or whenever new data comes in. So, the real-time quote updates as new quotes come in, however, I also want the one-hour lagged quote to update, so that I always compare real-time with the quote that ocurred one hour ago. Is that possible? I am looking for something that lets me do that even when I just opened my spreadsheet, meaning, I dont want to have to have to wait one hour so that I can display that very same price one hour later alongside the then real-time quote. Does this make sense?

Any ideas or suggestions? I have looked everywhere but it seems very hard to set up something like that. But maybe I have just overlooked something?

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Our DDE only supports real-time streaming data. There is no inherent historical functionality. You would need to store the price, and then display it after an hour had passed.

Comment

Working...
    X