• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RequestHistory call returns nothing

This is about "C ActiveX Example.zip" posted by Brad on this page:
    http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...=&groupid=185,
    the download link is this:
    http://share.esignal.com/download.js...X%20Sample.zip

The project compiles fine, Snapshot and RealTime buttons produce the desired effect with no modifications.

But "Get Bars" feature never displays any bars. I've added verbosity to MainDialog::FillHistory() to see what's going on and found out that GetGetNumBars(m_hHistory) always returns 0.

Is this a known problem or is this only happening to me? What am I doing wrong?

I'll repeat myself: Snapshots and Real time buttons work for a chosen symbol, and I can set the linking symbol in eSignal application, meaning that my connection with eSignal server is fine and my connection with the Application is also fine. I also know that OnBarsReceived() and OnBarsChanged() are triggered as they should, but the number of bars is zero.
    I am absolutely sure that I am filling in all the arguments correctly and there should be some bars in the range.

Tnanks

Artem.

Guys, come on! Please tell me what I am doing wrong!

This is a standard example from the FileSharing page, called "C++ sample" by Brad eSignal!

It is supposed to work out of the box, right?

"Snapshot" works, "RealTime" works, "GetBars" does not work! I am giving it all the right parameters.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Artems,
      Thank you for posting to our forum, to further assist you please provide us with the following information.

We're going to need the argument in which you are inputting such as the date range of data you are requesting, the symbol, and any other arguments which you think may help us in troublehshooting.

We thank you in advance and we look forward to working with you more.

AveryH
      eSignal Developers Support

Comment

ahodgee,

thanks for the post!

It does work today, I am attaching the screenshot. Miraculously, all same params and other cases failed on the day of the original posting. To tell the truth, I did not retry since then. Don't know what was wrong... This is so embarrassing... I apologize for the nuisance.

Artem.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X