C# and ESignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C# and ESignal

I am considering learning C#. Since I do not know where to buy an older version of it I will use the .NET version.

Questions:
    Does ESignal yet support .NET?

Hey BRIGHTJL,

Its good to hear you'll be joining us in the programming world.

The eSignal Control API (aka DbcCtrl.dll) was written in C++ and was geared toward the VB developer using VB 6.0. We have many clients that use this API with C#. The environment they use is usually 2003. Some have used 2005, but I have not fully tested 2005 for this particular API.

The DbcCtrl.dll (aka the eSignal Control API) was tested against the 1.1 Framework. There is a sample C# application available in the download I indicated in a previous e-mail.

We are not in the process of testing the eSignal Control API (DbcCtrl.dll) against the 2.0 framework. We plan to do this testing in the future, but currently we are on other projects that need our immediate attention.

From what I understand, a managed solution would allow you to have a single executable file without any external dll files. The eSignal Control API is essentially an OCX and must remain an independent file. Related to #5 above-- we would like to write a .NET friendly API, but we are not manned to do so at this time. It is in plan, but I cannot say as to when.

I hope that helps!

AveryH
    eSignal Developers Support

Comment

Working...
    X