ESignal and Moving Average calcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESignal and Moving Average calcs

I would like to use the API to gather data on multiple stocks at the same and then compute the moving average for the combined pricing. This will not be displayed in a chart. I simply want to calculate the MA for the combined price and then determineif the price is below/above it, etc. I will have a database of hundreds of symbols to read and feed into the algorythm. I will then display the results into a hit list on a form.

Does anyong know if that can be done?
    Last edited by BRIGHTJL; 08-21-2007, 01:24 PM.

To BRIGHTJL,

One issue is that the API has a 50 symbol limit so you can not do this with streaming data and 100s of symbols. You can make a request for a stock quote without starting the steaming data, so you should be able to make individual calls for the latest stock quote for each symbol and then average the total after you get all the quotes back from esignal.

regards
    Patrick

Comment

BrightJL,
      In my experience, the API is fully capable of supporting the functionality you are looking for. However, the implementation may not be trivial because, assuming that your moving averages go back over 10 days (the limit on tick history), your end of the application needs to capture and store the requried information in a systematic way.
      Also, there are two ways I know of to overcome the eSignal limit. The first way is to have your application cycle through quote requests and the second way is to upgrade your eSignal account to allow continuous monitoring of more stocks.
      Personally, I have developed an application that scans and applies custom algorythims to over 900 securities. So the API works.
      Best of luck.
      Cone Killer

Comment

Working...
      X