Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install the desktop API on Delphi (7) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install the desktop API on Delphi (7) ?

Hi,

I know that Delphi is not 'officially' supported by Esignal, but I've seen others on this forum that are using it, so hopefully somebody can help me out here.

I'm using Delphi 7 and I'm not sure that I've installed everything correctly, because Delphi keeps crashing. I did it like this:

First I went to 'project/import type library', where I selected 'IEsignal (version 1.0)' and installed. Then I added the 'IESignal_TLB' to my uses clause. This works. Then I added a var: Hooks1:Thooks; But when I try to initialize with Hooks1.SetApplication('user name') it just crashes with an 'EAccesViolation' ...

What am I doing wrong here ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Also, what I don't understand if I'm looking through the Delphi examples on this site: nobody is 'initializing' the Hooks object. I had expected to be the very first line of code like:

hooks1.Create(self);

This doesn't seem to work either (same crash again) ... I'm a bit lost here

Comment

Seems I've found it I did everything allright, but to get it working, you must select the 'Generate component wrapper' in the "import type library" screen and then look under the 'ActiveX' tab after installation and then drag the Esignal Icon to your program.

I can now finally get quotes into my program

Comment

Working...
      X