Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Releasing a SW...

All,

I would like to get your all inputs on this dilemna. I've been using a very successfull trading system. The system works fine. The problem is the SW itself. It is poorly written and crash every so often. I took the concept and rewrote it for eSignal. I've been tested in the past few months and I have no problem with it. Now I know many other traders using the same system. May I sell what I have written to them? Do I need to get approval from the person who invented this system?

Anthony.
    Last edited by topagent006; 11-19-2007, 07:23 AM.

In my opinion, your issue is too complex and fact driven for a do-it-yourself analysis. Furthermore, the facts you reveal online could be used against you in a very bad way - such as proving up your knowledge and intent. So, put your facts together in an organized way (dates, events, correspondence, advertisements, agreements, etc.) and invest in a consultation with an intellectual property attorney. That consultation will generally be protected by the attorney-client privilege and will allow you to intelligently weigh the risks and rewards of your alternatives.

Comment

Working...
    X