Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eSignal faulty data servers - why different data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal faulty data servers - why different data?

Why is there different data some times when using eSignal winsig.exe app and the desktop api and connecting at different times?

I regularly collect about 8 days of timesales data for my symbols and if I exit eSignal and run it up again sometimes its a different tick count and the data is usually missing or different times for the tick? There doesn't seem to be any data integrity across your eSignal servers, shouldn't all your servers have the same data?

Can't you copy the same data across to all your servers?

For example I just requested 8 days of tick data for $XAO-ASX and I had the first tick at 9:30:33AM with a total of 4751 ticks for 8 days. If I exit the apps and restart winsig a few times and do the request again the first tick is 9:30:05AM with a total of 4752 ticks. On other symbols like APS Z7-SFE, AP Z7-SFE, etc... The difference can be as many as approx 10000 ticks missing between requests for the same data!!

How can this be fixed?

The bad thing also about this is the data problem is identical in eSignal winsig.exe charts! data is missing or different on occasion. This leads me to say your data servers have bad integrity. As a service that prides itself on professional data, do you think you could fix it? I would of thought this would of been esignals priority. If people knew your data was bad, they wouldn't use esignal. So shouldn't this be fixed? I've used eSignal for awhile and I've noticed nothing has been done about this issue.

eSignal servers should all have the same data, can you please fix this?

Regards,
    twiz

Hi Twiz,

As you are probably already aware, the amount of data the exchanges transmit on a daily basis continues to increase, resulting in a doubling of daily data from year to year. eSignal constantly monitors this increase and not only responds to it, but also proactively plans for it by making changes to the software and servers that comprise the eSignal Data Farm. While eSignal makes every attempt to stay ahead of the curve, we must ensure that new hardware and servers are tested and incorporated properly to ensure that these efforts address the needs.

To answer the question regarding different data—

The data represented within our server farm is congruent. However, please keep in mind that some differences may be observed due to anomalies outside of eSignal’s control. For example, two servers performing the same task and identical in every way could still have slight differences due to minor performance fluctuations in network cards, RAM performance, memory addressing, etc. eSignal does its best to minimize these fluctuations, but some are inevitable. When we receive reports of errors we quickly correct those errors.

Your statement regarding seeing different data within eSignal and your application that implements the eSignal Desktop API is interesting. We would like to hear more about that to address this properly. Please relay that information to the Developer Support Group which handles those type of issues. Please e-mail them for further assistance.

Also if you could please PM me you username so that I can check to see which servers you're connecting to.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X