Missing winsig.tlb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing winsig.tlb

I just installed eSignal v10 r4. Isn't there supposed to be winsig.tlb in the eSignal directory? I thought this was the file to reference in order to utilize the COM classes. Why was this not installed with eSignal? Or, should I be looking in a different place / for a different file? Thanks in advance!

winsig.exe and winsig.tlb are interchangeable in regards to the Desktop API. You may reference to winsig.exe in the meantime as a workaround.

Comment

Originally posted by AChan
      winsig.exe and winsig.tlb are interchangeable in regards to the Desktop API. You may reference to winsig.exe in the meantime as a workaround.
      I also do not have the winsig.tlb file. I tried referencing winsig.exe as directed but receive this error message: "A reference to 'C:\Program Files\eSignal\WinSig.exe' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component."

Am I missing something here?

Using:
      Visual Studio 2008 9.0.30729.1 - C# Express
      Vista Home Premium SP1 - 32bit
      eSignal 10.3.1476.1063
      Last edited by mdrichards; 01-24-2009, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Vista is quite restrictive in terms of accessing certain Windows directory. Can you check the permission for winsig.exe and confirm that you have administrative rights for your machine.

Comment

Originally posted by AChan
          Vista is quite restrictive in terms of accessing certain Windows directory. Can you check the permission for winsig.exe and confirm that you have administrative rights for your machine.
          I do have administrative rights. Checking the permissions showed all granted except for "Special permissions". I also took ownership of the file (and since reverted) under my own username with no effect.

Comment

When trying to access the necessary libraries in Vista you have to not only be the Administrator but run both your applications and the IDE as Administrator was well

The easiest way I've found to do this is to create shortcuts on the desktop.

Right click on the shortcuts and go to Properties Click on the Compatibility Tab and on the bottom select Run as Administrator.

Do this for both applications and you should be fine.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by ahodgee
              When trying to access the necessary libraries in Vista you have to not only be the Administrator but run both your applications and the IDE as Administrator was well

The easiest way I've found to do this is to create shortcuts on the desktop.

Right click on the shortcuts and go to Properties Click on the Compatibility Tab and on the bottom select Run as Administrator.

Do this for both applications and you should be fine.

AveryH
              eSignal Support
              Thank you. Running the IDE as Administrator has indeed solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X