Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window vista + VS2003

Hi there,

I tried to use Visual Studio 2003 under Window Vista enviornment. But it break on the statement
    " esignal= New IESignal.Hooks "

Is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks,
    Ken

Is there any error message associated with this?
    Make sure that eSignal is installed and that your project is referencing winsig.exe correctly in c:\Program Files\eSignal.

Please refer to our sample codes and documentation at

Comment

invalid class string in window vista + VC++6.0

I use VC++6.0 in window vista and got similar problem.

I run sample program. It stopped at this call:

new IHooksPtr ("IESignal.Hooks.1");

Error message "invalid calss string"

Please tell me what settings I should do?

Thank you.
      Last edited by dhh; 05-24-2009, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Can you make sure that you reference winsig.exe in your Desktop API code?

Is this a brand new installation of your application? If so, you need to run the eSignal application once, exit it and re-run your application with the eSignal application.

Have you tried our VC++ coding sample?

Comment

Hi Anthony,

Appreciate your help.

I run the eSignal application and tried VC++ sample (download from eSignal). I got same error.

In order to reference winsig.exe in eSignal VC++ sample, what settings should I do?

When I run in Window XP, everything is ok, but I meet probelm in window vista.

Maybe I should change some security settings for Window vista.

Whenever I run eSignal application, there is always a message box pop up to ask me if allow run winsig.exe in C:\program files\esignal

We may figure out how to remove this warning message when starting eSignal applcation.

I need your further instruction,

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by AChan
          Can you make sure that you reference winsig.exe in your Desktop API code?

Is this a brand new installation of your application? If so, you need to run the eSignal application once, exit it and re-run your application with the eSignal application.

Have you tried our VC++ coding sample?
          Last edited by dhh; 05-27-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Can you try running the sample and your application under the XP compatibility mode? Also make sure you are running them as the administrator as well.

I am assuming that you have administrative rights on your Vista machine.

As for referencing winsig.exe, you can take a look at StdAfx.h in our C++ sample.

Comment

Anthony,

How to run VC++sample code under the XP compatibility mode? Should I push some key during PC startup?

Regarding user level, I checked my user level, which is administrator.

Sometimes the error message is different. I just tried sample code again, the error meesage was:

"Error intializing
              The requested operation requires elevation".

error still occured at this call:
              new IHooksPtr ("IESignal.Hooks.1");

Thanks

Comment

To run an executable in XP compatibility mode, you need to right click on the exe and select "Properties". Then go to the Compatibility tab and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP".

In regards to the "Invalid Class String" error, it appears that the eSignal COM object is not registered correctly. Can you try to re-install the eSignal application as an administrator on Vista?
                Confirm that winsig.exe is located in c:\Program Files\eSignal folder?

Comment

Hello Ken,

When trying to access the necessary libraries in Vista you have to not only be the Administrator but run both your applications and the IDE as Administrator was well

The easiest way I've found to do this is to create shortcuts on the desktop.

Right click on the shortcuts and go to Properties Click on the Compatibility Tab, Select Run this program compatibility mode for Window XP and on the bottom select Run as Administrator.

Do this for both applications and you should be fine.

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks Avery and Anthony, my application can work now.

I selected both winsig.exe and my application "run this program as an administrator" and set both "run this program in compability mode for window XP".

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X