Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get real-time transmitted

Hello,

I wish to write a simple program with C++Builder to keep record of my few stocks and warrants. In order to have the values self-updating, it would need to get the real-time data for $HSI-HKG. Is this possible and what is the expression to get such transmission. Thank you.

Regards,
    drifter

Your eSignal account will need the ActiveX Development entitlement to obtain data via the eSignal Desktop API. You will also need the proper Hong Kong entitlements to get data for $HSI-HKG.

You can take a look at some of our sample code for the eSignal Desktop API at:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...r=&groupid=185

Comment

Originally posted by AChan
      Your eSignal account will need the ActiveX Development entitlement to obtain data via the eSignal Desktop API. You will also need the proper Hong Kong entitlements to get data for $HSI-HKG.

You can take a look at some of our sample code for the eSignal Desktop API at:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...r=&groupid=185
      Hello AChan,

Thanks for the guideline. I have been a Premier subscriber and am viewing stocks and indices with eSignal 10.1. Am I already entitled to ActiveX Development vide eSignal Desktop API?

At a glance, I found that the same code for Desktop API was written for Visual Basic or Visual C++. What I am using for years is Borland C++ under C++Builder 5. As I am only writing a small program for meself, it would be uneconomical to learn other language from start. Can I have an example in Borland C++?
      If you wish, you could send me a private message response.

Comment

Unfortunately, we do not have any borland C++ coding sample at the moment. The eSignal Desktop API officially supports Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 and 2003 with .Net framework 1.1 only.

As for the ActiveX Development entitlement, it's actually an add-on service and you will need to contact our sales department to add it.

Comment

I have been using Borland products to connect to eSignal (and to Quote.com's QFeed / QDP before that) with no real problems. I encourage you to proceed -- its just a matter of making calls to the ActiveX control and handling events as they occur.

Comment

Originally posted by ddresser
            I have been using Borland products to connect to eSignal (and to Quote.com's QFeed / QDP before that) with no real problems. I encourage you to proceed -- its just a matter of making calls to the ActiveX control and handling events as they occur.
            Hello ddresser,

I am glad you have experience using Borland products. Suppose in Borland I want to get today's date, I could go on like this:

TDateTime today;

today = Date();

then I can put today to any control, say an Edit, like this -

Edit1->Text = DateToStr(today);

If I want to get the Closing price for $HSI-HKG, what is that I need to make the call to the Activex control? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X