Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol Limit Exceeded Despite Release History

Hi,
    I have a symbol limit of 200. I walk a list of symbols longer then 200 gathering history for each symbol and RELEASING IT IMMEDIATELY. Despite calling esignal.ReleaseAllHistory (note the "All") after each such call I still exceed my limit after 200! Note these are history gathers not live symbols.
    I've read through forums and can find no further advice on what to do. For the heck of it I also through in a Release Symbol (shouldn't matter for history gathering) but still no luck.
    Please advise!

I have had the same problem, and likewise have not found out how to fix it. In downloading history, I limit the number of active symbols to 40 at one time, and release each as its price history is received. Typically, only about 20 symbols are active at a time. Still, I always get the error notice and just ignore it.

If there is a solution, I would like to hear it.

Thanks.

Comment

There is a known issue with the ReleaseHistory with the Desktop API (Active X)that we've been trying diligently to work through.

Until we can resolve this issue there is a work around with in the Data Manager under Data-->Symbols-->Reset DB's.

This will remove symbols from the DM that are not currently being used. Once we have a solutions to the ReleaseHistory will post back here.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Programatic calling of "Reset DBs"

thanks for reply. Anyway in code for me to do "Data-->Symbols-->reset DBs"?
        Thanks,
        Lin

Comment

For each symbol you call RequestHistory method to download data, do you also call RequestSymbol to obtain real-time streaming updates? To stop receiving real-time update for a particular symbol, you should call the ReleaseSymbol method for each symbol.

Comment

request history vs request symbol

I don't do any requesting symbols. Nonetheless I've tried doing the release as if they were streaming still with no effect.
            I also have tried using "releaseall" every single time before I ask for history to make sure nothing is accumulating :-(

Comment

Where did you get the symbol exceeded message? Do you see this in the eSignal DataManager? Are you watching 200+ symbols in a quote window inside the eSignal application?

The symbol limit only pertains to real-time streaming. If you are requesting only historical data, you should be ok.

Comment

Working...
              X