Error Message Connection Closed by Administrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message Connection Closed by Administrator

This is the background info. I am using Data Manager with third-party software, Wave59. Five instances of w59 are open. Total charts is 18. When I open a sixth instance, the gray error message box pops up on my desktop: eSignal Connection Refused - Not entitled to this service. A few seconds later a second error message appears: eSignal Disconnected - Connection closed by Administrator. The second message pops up multiple times filling the desktop area.

Though the message indicates the connection was closed, it actually does remain open. Typically, the sixth instance will shut down or crash, but the other five will remain open. When viewing any of those charts, the error message "Connection closed by Administrator" is front and center on the chart. However, the charts are usually active and after closing the EM boxes everything seems normal again.

So what can be done to fix this chart limit problem? If I choose to run 30-40 charts with multiple program instances why is this prohibited? Your help to solve this is appreciated.

If this is posted to the wrong category, please redirect to the correct location.

Thank you.
    Last edited by midnite; 10-16-2009, 09:34 AM.

midnite,

eSignal allows 5 connections per server type (i.e. Tick, history etc) to each username. Each time you run an instance of W59 you're using one of your allotted connections. So when you exceed your 5 connections the eSignal Connection Manager sends a message back to W59 that it has exceeded its allotted connections.
    W59 then starts popping up the error message. . Once you've reduce the number of connections the errors should go away.

Even though you've exceeded the connection doesn't mean W59 is completely disconnected it only disconnect or doesn't establish the 6th connection. The first 5 should not be affected.

Since these are limits placed on the eSignal side there is really nothing that can be done other then reducing the number of connections you’re establishing? If you want to increase the number of charts I would recommend that you maybe adding more charts to the other instances of W59 you have running.

Comment

Avery, thank you for the explanation.

It seems to obvious to ask, but why is 5 the connection limit?

Is there no option to bump this a little higher?

Respectfully,
      midnite

Comment

I'd have to check how and where the number where derived but my best guess would be that the limit were set because at any one time a user could potentially have up to 26 different server connections. And depending on how much data they're requesting could flood the internet connection, not to mention that if the user’s computer on the other end is not powerful enough could freeze up the system as well. Remember this is my best guess but I'll check with the SDK Group and get back with you.

Comment

Glad you are being thorough, checking with SDK. It's helpful to know the facts, what limitations exist and why.

Comment

Avery, any news from SDK and the possibility to increase the connection limit?

Comment

midnite,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I've spoken with the head of our SDK Group. His response to the question was;

"The architecture of the eSignal farm does not allow for more than the five connections per server type to any one user. To accommodate your request would required a complete reconfiguration of the eSignal Data Network."

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

OK. Thanks for checking.

Comment

Working...
                X