Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extracting yesterday's averages for many stocks

Hello Gurus,

I have an issue that I think can be solved easier than my current clumsy EFS solution, and so I thought I 'd inquire.

Basically I may have a list of no more than 200 symbols after the market closes. I'd love to be able to have a script take a list of these symbols and give me the 20 or 50 period simple moving averages for 20 to 50 candles leading into the close (off a 5 min chart).

I don't want to have to punch up each chart with an EFS script on it that dumps it to a file that my app can read and interpret. I'd rather have a script that cycles that cycles through my list of stocks and simply adds the values to the end of the a file, so that my app can read a single file.

Is this possible? Is there an API or something with eSignal that gives me the power to glance at the value of indicators for a given stock at a given time for yesterday or prior?

Many thanks in advance,

Michael

Hi Michael,

There are no technical indicators via the Desktop API. You would need to collect daily bar data and do your own calculations.

Comment

Working...
    X