Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API Entitlement = False?

Please check this out for me...

Twice in the past week my API entitlement check has returned False.

The first time it happened, I talked with someone from online support and they did something and it came back on.

This morning, my API entitlement is again returning False and the online support guy had me call your account support people. I did, but they said my API entitlement is active and that it was a technical issue so I should post here or submit an email message.

Please tell me why this API entitlement issue keeps happening and do something to stop it from happening in the future. It is a serious disruption.

If you could expedite this, I would really apprecitate it.

I'll PM my username to you after you reply.

Thanks,
    George

API entitlement came back on, so disregard my previous post for the time being.

Comment

Please make sure that you have the same username entered in the eSignal application, the Data Manager and the SetApplication function in your code.

If the above is correct, you may just be missing the entitlement. We usually recommend checking for entitlements using a timer. Once entitlement is received, set a flag so the checking stops. For example:

Code:
      checkEntitlements = 0

Then:

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
          If checkEntitlements = 0 Then
              If esignal.IsEntitled() Then
                  txtEntitlements.Text = "Entitled"
                  checkEntitlements = 1
              Else
                  txtEntitlements.Text = "Not Entitled.  Please check your username."
              End If
          End If
      End Sub
      You also check the entitlement in eSignal. Click Help-->About-->Active X. If the information is correct your window would look like this;

Comment

Yes, I was using the correct UserName but, this morning, for some reason, my entitlement checks were coming back False and I couldn't get data.

Everything started working again after a couple of hours. I probably did something wrong and didn't realize it.

Thanks,
        George

Comment

Working...
        X