Symbol Linking functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol Linking functions

Can you explain the use of the symbol linking functions in the API?

The documentation states that you can use GetCurrentLinkingSymbol() and DoSymbolLink() to work with the "current symbol in the eSignal application interface".

"The ability get or set the active symbol within the eSignal application"

Is this within the eSignal application itself, or is this some master symbol value in the "under-development" client app space? If this is the eSignal application itself, how does it handle the new multi-linking option in 7.4? It only allows you to specify a symbol, and not a color.

Thanks...

Dan

I just tried it and the current behaviour is that when you call DoSymbolLink(symbol) the symbol for the currently selected link color in the main eSignal application will change. You can also call the GetCurrentLinkingSymbol() function to get the symbol name out of the currently selected color link in the main eSignal application.

I tried sending in multiple symbols like "ES #F,NQ #F" to see if it would change the linking names for the top two colors, but that didn't work. So if there is a way to change the different link levels, I wasn't able to figure that out.

It might be handy to have a ChangeCurrentLinkColor() type function in order to set and get the different levels (or have the original functions take a second integer parameter specifying which link color to set/get).

Comment

GenSpoo & Dan,

Good topic and suggestion. I'll pass that along to the team to hopefully be added in a future release.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
      X