Using Active X API and eSignal AGET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Active X API and eSignal AGET

I have a software program that uses the Active X Api to access data through the eSignal charting program. Currently I have eSignal Premier and charting program 10.6.1879.975 (02/22/2010).

Some people who have the eSignal GET Subscription and try my software are getting the COM object not found error. This occurs when my software can not find the eSignal charting program installed on their computer. I would like to ask if I have to do something special to make my Active X Api work with the GET subscription? My software was developed using the eSignal Premier subscription.

Thanks
    Patrick

Patrick,

In order for user to have access to eSignal data in your application one of two things would have to happen;

1- You have your application certified with eSignal, we give you an applications String that you enter in the setApplication(), then when you distribute the application anyone with eSignal would be able to use it.

2- You don't certify your application with eSignal, each user that you distribute your application to would have to be enabled with the Active X entitlement. Once entitled they would either give you the username to enter into your application or you give the access to the code to enter the username themselves.

Comment

Yes I have my application certified and I have the SetApplication() String. Recently this has failed with customers uinsg the AGET version of eSignal. I do not know why. I don't seems to have this problem with cusomers using eSignal Premier or Premier Plus. Do you know if there are any special requirements such as turning off Windows User Account Controls?

Thanks
      Patrick

Comment

Patrick,

The should be no difference for Advanced Get users verses Premier/Premier Plus . We can test on this end of you'd like. What is the name of the application?

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Dear AveryH,

The problem I am having seems to be with the Windows UAC blocking the COM link between my software and the eSignal charting program. Do you there at eSignal have any documentation showing how to make the COM link to eSignal work even when the Windows UAC is on? That would be a big help.

Thanks again
          Patrick

Comment

Patrick,

The best and easiest fix (all others cause problems with your existing installation, which are fixable, but a huge pain, as some files are installed to the users virtualstore area in <User Directory>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\eSignal, as well as multiple instances of WinSig.exe being started, etc.), is to navigate to the WinSig.exe file, right-click and pick Properties, go to the Security tab and add your user to the permissions, then check "Full Control" and OK all the way out. Here is a KB .article 3837 on UAC as well.

Hopefully this will help you out

Comment

I just wanted to let you know that setting the Windows 7 Permissions as described in your email worked and my program can link to eSignal 10.6 with no problems.

Thanks
              Patrick

Comment

Working...
              X