Returning Data to eSignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning Data to eSignal

In the charting application AmiBroker, I can create COM objects in the AFL script thus

myobj = CreateStaticObject("MyOwnActiveX.Class1");
    myobj.Method( 1, 2, Close ); // call the method of myobj COM object

This creates a cached, persistant object with is callable from other formulas, see http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?id=33

With this feature, I can use Visual Basic to create trading systems that I may find hard to do in EFS scripts - and then draw objects on the AmiBroker charts to denote buy and sell signals and red and blue lines on the chart to denote stop and limit levels.

This gives me a tremendous amount of flexibility in the coding and I can use the native charts in AmiBroker to provide visual feedback to the end user, without needing to code my own real time charts.

If I have understood the ActiveX API in eSignal, I can't return data to the eSignal charts as it is intended as a tool to expose eSignal data and not a tool to integrate ActiveX technolgy into eSignal EFS scripts.

Can I use eSignal's activeX features let me call my own COM objects and return data to eSignal?

Pawnbroker.

Re: Returning Data to eSignal

Originally posted by pawnbroker
    ... If I have understood the ActiveX API in eSignal, I can't return data to the eSignal charts as it is intended as a tool to expose eSignal data and not a tool to integrate ActiveX technolgy into eSignal EFS scripts.
    You are correct. At this time, there isn't a way to return data to eSignal from your own COM objects.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

It sound like you are hinting that it may be possible to return data in the future.

If so, that will be a very welcome change.

Pawnbroker

Comment

Working...
      X