Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop API inquiry

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased eSignal, and I'm looking to automate a trading system that I've been using for a while. Specifically, I'm looking to do the following:

1. Color-code moving averages such that when they're trending up or down, they're displayed in a different color.

2. Label my own wave count on price movement.

3. Label and color-code other indicators, such as MACD and stochastics.

My question is: can I reuse the existing eSignal moving averages, stochastics, and MACD, among others, and add the above enhancements? If not, will I need to build my own indicators from scratch using the well-known formulas for each indicator? and as far as price action, will I also need to get price data from the API and display it myself, labeling it as required according to my trading system?

Thanks in advance for your response.

pghostine,

Thanks for the post, if I understand you correctly the first three points you're making are what you're trading system are already doing and you'd like to do the same thing in eSIgnal. Is this correct?

If so I would recommend EFS (eSignal Formula Scripting), This link will take you to the Help Guides and Tutorials for EFS. You can so check the EFS Library for formulas that have already been created that might fit your needs.

Comment

Working...
    X