winros open failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winros open failed

I wrote an application in c (named A) using the Desktop API, which reads various financial information via esignal and provides the data in a formatted way on the screen.

For the application (A) to run I need to have the DataManager running, the winros process under Windows 7.

Most of the time the application (A) works, but then lately I get the error that the application is not able to connect to "winros", although the process is running and visible under Windows 7. eSignal's Page which is running at the same time is functioning fine. After I restart the DataManager the application (A) works again.

I know this is not an esignal issue, but maybe someone who has developed similar applications has an idea in how to solve this.

Lizzy

eliz,

This is something that you would see if you've had the applications running over several days or even weeks. It will sometimes cause a phantom connection and by closing the application and or the Data Manager it eliminates the connection and allow for a new one to be established.

We don't recommend keep the connection on for several days at a time but if you need to, try and reboot both the data manager and your app at least once a week if not every two to three days.

Comment

Working...
    X