API and VBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API and VBA

I am a new eSignal customer and am trying to access pricing data from Excel VBA through the Desktop API. I have looked at the Desktop Reference and have searched these forums for help.

The issue I'm having is getting the connection to the API instatiated. Here is my code:

rtdClass - Class Module

Dim WithEvents esignal As IESignal.Hooks

Module1 - non-Class Module

Sub estest()

Set esignal = New IESignal.Hooks
    esignal.SetApplication ("<my userid>")
    Dim rtd As New rtdClass
    Dim strSymbol As String, sXMLBasicQuote As String
    Dim strCurrentSymbol As String, strXMLBasicQuote As String
    strAnswer = esignal.IsEntitled()
    msgbox strAnswer

End Sub

When I run the estest subroutine, the IsEntitled() function returns a "0". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jay

mu2pilot,

There are two things that need to be checked when trying to connect to VBA with the eSignal API.

1- The most important is that you have the Active X entitlement on your account.

2- Make sure that the eSignal username with the Active Entitlement is being used in the eSignal application, Data Manager and the SetApplication() in your project.

If you go to eSignal Help (Help-->About--Active X info) it displays the username you have set in the SetApplicaton and what's in eSignal. It will let you know if they match or not and if you're username is entitled to use Active X.

This screenshot shows a usernames that match and that have the proper permissions to connect to the Desktop API.

Please let me know if you still having problems
    Attached Files

Comment

Avery-

I guess I am not entitled. Here is what my screen looks like: http://screencast.com/t/dDLo1F5K5ZS

I signed up this morning for Desktop API and was told it was take about 15 minutes to get my account setup. Can you check and see why it isn't active?

PM me if you need my userid.

Thanks,

Jay Garnett

Comment

We checked your account entitlements and Active X is there. Please make sure in the eSignal (File, Preferences, Connection), the Data Manager (File, Properties) and the SetApplication in your project that you have the correct Username. I'm confident that if you do the above mentioned steps you'll get connected.

Comment

Thanks, Avery. I have it running now.

Comment

Working...
          X