Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data manager connection

Hello.

I develop software using Desktop API. As I understand eSignal use Data Manager to recieve ticks from his servers. And when the same username start to use Data Manager on another computer my Data Manager become "red" and ticks are not recieveing. So, How can my programm understand this?

m.ten,

I don't know of a way that your application would know that another user is connected as there is no direct communication with the Data Manager. There is a special $TIME symbol that will constantly request the time. If at any time you'r not getting and updated time it's an indication that you've lost your connection.

This can be user to check for a connection but it would still require human intervention to restart if/when the connection is lost.

Comment

Data Manager goes inactive

m.Ten

I got this from the User Reference. For Visual Basic I use the following code and it works:

Public Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
      esignal.SetApplication("<your username>")
      checkEntitlements = 0
      If checkEntitlements = 0 Then
      If esignal.IsEntitled() Then
      Label1.Text = "Login Status: Ok"
      Label2.Text = "Request Status: Click to Request"
      checkEntitlements = 1
      Else
      Label1.Text = "Login Status: Not Logged In"
      End If
      End If
      End Sub

I am very novice with VB so I cannot explain this in depthl or any further (I just experiment). Hope it helps.

Comment

thank you for your replies.

"Entitled" and "not entitled" is not what I mean and it is so bad

I will try to use "TIME", i hope it helps)

Comment

Working...
        X