Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnBarsChanged event

Hello,
    I am trying to get bar update notifications for a symbol. But my OnBarsChanged event is not firing.

I can get historic data and I can get continuous quote updates, but I don't seem to get Bar updates at all.

1. Should I be getting bar updates once I susbscribe to a symbol? Or do these notifications only come down when I am processing historic bars?

the call that I'm making to get quotes (and bars?) is this:
    eSignal.RequestSymbol("MSFT", 1);

I get quotes, but no updated bars.

Do I need to do something different?

Thanks,
    -tomas

cosgrove,

The eSignal.RequestSymbol() is real-time streaming or snapshot data. To get the OnBarChanged event to fire you would have to have done a history request (eSignal.RequestHistory()).

Please review the eSignal Developers Reference Guide for more information on the history request, the arguments needed and the events that follow. If you have any questions please feel free to email [email protected] or post back here.

Thank you
    AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

OnBarsChanged Still doesn't fire

(Sorry for the late reply, this project has been pushed down the priority list)

We ARE making the RequestHistory call with no results.

I've attached a short demo project that will illustrate what we are doing. Please note that we get the quotes, but we don't get the onBarsChanged event to fire.

I started this app with the DesktopAPIHistory project and have gone over all the docs available on your site.

I suspect the problem lies with how we are making the RequestHistory call or in how we are processing the bars returned.

Any feedback you can provide is appreciated!
      Attached Files

Comment

Found my bug

I was calling ReleaseHistory() after processing history bars. This stopped me from receiving updates.

Now, I call ReleaseHistory() in the Close() event handler for my app.

My bars are being updated as expected.

Comment

Thanks for the update, please let me know if you run into any other question we can answer.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
          X