Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

different symbol limit count for desktop API?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different symbol limit count for desktop API?

I've been getting a symbol limit exceeded message, despite setting my concurrent symbol queries to below my supposedly 200 symbol limit. I saw an old post and would like to confirm there is indeed a 50-100 limit in place when its via the desktop API.

Last, is this count entirely distinct from the standard 200 symbol limit? e.g. I can have 200 symbols in eSignal, and another 50 entirely different symbols in my 3rd party app.

When is it 50, when is it 100? Why isn't it defined to a specific limit?

Thanks.

Please ignore my previous message as I just another post and learned about the limitations on the Desktop API itself.

Having said that, are there any plans on improving this API to fix this limitation?

Also, any plans on a 64-bit version of the API?

Thanks.

Comment

A new Desktop API is currently in development, we're anticipating a test version some time before the end of the year. Our plans also do include a 32 and 64 bit API. The API will still have symbol limits but we're hoping that it we'll be able to improve on the current 50 to 100. Once we have a test version we'll better be able to answer these questions.

Thank you
      AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
      X