Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Time Data outputting multiples

Hello,

I am trying to get the real time streaming sample to work with the API desktop. Im Using VS2010EX to do this.

Im able to process the onbarschanged event fine, but when it outputs the data to the datagrid, it seems like sometimes a single tick will show up multiple times in a row. For example, 5 rows will show up with the same tsdTRADE datatype, time, price and lot size.

All I want to capture is real time trades tick data one at a time. Is there any way to tell if a single output is a multiple or a true second lot?

Or is there just something that I dont understand?

Thanks a lot,

Jett

EDIT: In addition, dPrice seems to be returning weird. For Example, using the Esignal Desktop Time and Sales Chart I will get a saleprice of 128725, however my VBEXE shows something like 1287.25, what is happening here?
    Last edited by jett; 06-21-2011, 01:25 PM.

Jett,

Im able to process the onbarschanged event fine, but when it outputs the data to the datagrid, it seems like sometimes a single tick will show up multiple times in a row. For example, 5 rows will show up with the same tsdTRADE datatype, time, price and lot size.
    Not quite sure I understand what happening but it sounds like maybe the request is updating the bid or ask and re-disiminating the last trade was well. I'll test this with one of our samples and post back. If you could send over a screenshot that would help in visualize what's happening.

In addition, dPrice seems to be returning weird. For Example, using the Esignal Desktop Time and Sales Chart I will get a saleprice of 128725, however my VBEXE shows something like 1287.25, what is happening here

The eSignal Desktop has a feature under File, Preferences, General, Compact Price Display that allows the user to turn on/off decimalization. In whichever mode you select it will affect all the window in eSignal. When the Desktop API makes it's real-time request the data is passed directly from the Data Manager and how it's show up there is how it's going to displya in your VBEXE.

AveryH
    eSignal Forum Support

Comment

Just to tie up loose ends,

What Avery said about the DM returning the values in decimal worked.

In addition, the problem I was having was that my VB program was not incrementing the trades when it rolled through a new 'ontimesaleschanged' event. Say 20 trades came in, I would get all 20 trades, but output the first trade 20 times.

oops. Thanks, on to more problems. See the latest thread about my System_call issues.

Comment

Jett,

I apologize for the lengthy delay, using the DesktopAPIHistory Sample from the Active X FileShare I did not see multiple request on the same trade.

Is it possible that can you run the same sample and see if you still seeing this. My guess is that it might a looping issue when the history data is being process.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
        X