Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application stops running during overnight hours

Hello,
    We have an application that uses the eSignal API to get price quote information. Everything seems to run fine when we start the application. It gathers price information until market close. (4PM EST).

However, if we leave the application running, we do not get price information once the market starts again the next moring (9:30AM EST). We have to restart the application.

Looking in the Windows Task Manager, I notice that WinSig.exe and WinRos.exe have stopped running by the next morning (I suspect this is why price information is not available).

Eventually, we will be trading in other markets that will require our application to remain active virtually 24/7.

Do the WinSig.EXE and WinRos.EXE stop running of no activity is being processed after a fixed period of time?
    Are we required to log out/in at some point during the day?
    Is there something special that we need to do so that price information starts up in the morning without having to restart out application?

Thanks,
    -tomas

cosgrove,

So when you look in the Task Manager the winsig and winros are no longer listed or are showing "Not Responding"?

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
      cosgrove,

So when you look in the Task Manager the winsig and winros are no longer listed or are showing "Not Responding"?

AveryH
      eSignal Support
      They are not listed.

We've put in a work-around for this in the meantime (our application scans the process list and when those processes are not found, it re-initializes the instance of eSignal.

Comment

cosgrove,

This is very odd behavior, I'll run one of our samples thoughout the night and see if I can duplicate the issue and we can troubleshoot from there.

As far as I know there is no function that would kill eSignal and the Data Manager processes because of lack of activity.

We're report back in the morning with our findings.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Testing completed yesterday evening found that eSignal nor the data manager close even while idol for many hours.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
          X