Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find iesignal dll

Hi,

I installed eSignal 10.6 (after installing and removing 11.3) but I cannot find the IESignal dll to start working on the API.

Could someone help me find out why?

Best Regards

All the functions for the API are apart of the eSignal applicaton, to access them in your IDE reference Winsig.exe via the Project-->Add Reference menu option. In the Add Reference window click Browse and navigate to the C:\Program Files\eSignal\Winsig.exe. Once you've added winsig.exe should be able to click on the COM tab and scroll down to IESignal.

Please let me know if you continue to have problems.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thank you very much, it works.

I just made a search in the document I've got, "Developing with eSignal, Developer Reference Guide, eSignal Desktop API Edition" but didn't find any reference to the winsig.exe file.

Is there any better document to develop with?

Best Regards

Comment

Are we supposed to uninstall eSignal 11? I have both eSignal 10.6 and 11.x. Is this a problem?

The WinSig.exe program is in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\eSignal

And in Visual Studio 2010, I tried to add it as an addition reference, it said...

A reference to 'C:\Program (x86)\eSignal\WinSig.exe' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

Is WinSig.exe a valid COM object?

Please advise...

Comment

Garrick,

Are we supposed to uninstall eSignal 11? I have both eSignal 10.6 and 11.x. Is this a problem?
          No it should not be a problem of having both versions of eSignal.

The WinSig.exe program is in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\eSignal

And in Visual Studio 2010, I tried to add it as an addition reference, it said...

A reference to 'C:\Program (x86)\eSignal\WinSig.exe' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

Is WinSig.exe a valid COM object?
          Yes Winsig.exe is a valid COM object, Here are the steps I would recommend following;

1- The eSignal application has to have been run at least once to make sure that all the DLLs have been registered.
          2- The computer user account must be a member of the Administrator group
          3- Both the IDE and the winsig.exe are set to Run as Administrator". (Properties-->Compatibility-->Add the check mark for Run as Administrator).

Once these steps and setting are completed you should be able to reference the Winsig.exe in the Add References window.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

ToMan,

New documentation is being worked on and should be released with the new API when available.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X