Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Started with API with Visual Studio 2010

Hello All,

I just signed up for the API service and and downloaded the sample files, but I am having some problems.

1. The IEsignal object was not in the eSignal directory. It came with the VB samples.
    2. When I tried to compile the code in VS 2010, the system converted all the code from VB 2008 to VB 2010, including the IESignal.
    3. I included the new Interop.IESignal.dll in the new VB project, and it compiled fine, but blew up during run-time.

It halted at the beginning and here is the error output.

=========================
    'DesktopAPIHistory.vshost.exe' (Managed (v2.0.50727)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualBasi c\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic. dll'
    The thread 'vshost.NotifyLoad' (0x1748) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'vshost.LoadReference' (0x1df0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    'DesktopAPIHistory.vshost.exe' (Managed (v2.0.50727)): Loaded 'C:\Users\Bradley\Documents\AA - Melvin\eSignal-API\DesktopAPIHistory\DesktopAPIHistory\DesktopAPI History\bin\Debug\DesktopAPIHistory.exe', Symbols loaded.
    'DesktopAPIHistory.vshost.exe' (Managed (v2.0.50727)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Remot ing\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Runtime.Remot ing.dll'
    'DesktopAPIHistory.vshost.exe' (Managed (v2.0.50727)): Loaded 'C:\Users\Bradley\Documents\AA - Melvin\eSignal-API\DesktopAPIHistory\DesktopAPIHistory\DesktopAPI History\bin\Debug\Interop.IESignal.dll'
    A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in Interop.IESignal.dll
    A first chance exception of type 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
    A first chance exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in DesktopAPIHistory.exe
    An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in DesktopAPIHistory.exe

Additional information: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040202

The thread 'vshost.RunParkingWindow' (0x1db0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The program '[7872] DesktopAPIHistory.vshost.exe: Managed (v2.0.50727)' has exited with code -532459699 (0xe0434f4d).

==========================

Is there code and instructions available that works with Visual Studio 2010. It can be in VB, C#, or C+++?

Please advise.

gbradley,

I'm assuming since this post was created in your name that they are related in nature.

If this is a different error you're getting with your IDE please let me know, but I think the steps listed should resolve the issue.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X