Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know when all historical data is received from RequestTimeSales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know when all historical data is received from RequestTimeSales?

I was playing around with RequestTimeSales to try to get trade and volume data (historical, not real-time).

I can see that the historical data comes in, and I know you can get the number of historical bars in the data set.

How do you know when the data is finished coming in? The only thing I can think of is to request extra data to ensure that you get an earlier date/time than you need, then test for the date/time you are lookig for at a minimum. This would be an extreme waste.

Is there any way to know that the historical data has finished collecting? I am not getting any real time data for what I am looking for, so I don't know if the real time comes in second. That wouldn'd help anyway, because I don't want to have to rely on real-time data to be there to trigger the end.

I am using time/sales because I was having problems getting tick price and volume using the RequestHistory method. I was able to get the trade prices, but the volume was always zero.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Comment

A new function was added in 7.6 called IsTimeSalesReady that will tell you this. It will return true when the historical time and sales has finished loading.

Cheers... George

Comment

There is also a function called "IsHistoryReady()" that has a similar mechanism for historical data.

Comment

Yes, that works.
          Many thanks

Comment

Working...
          X