Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugging & Processing History Questions

Hi Guys,
    I am writing an application using the eSignal Desktop API using Visual C# 2010. I have successfully requested 25 daily bars for the SPY and it returns the data just fine. However, if I try another query after the successful query, it fails.

Questions:

1. How do I reset the data server as during the debugging process? I tried killing the WinSig process, then I tried killing both WinSig and Winros processes with no luck. The only thing that works is a complete reboot of my system which is extremely time consuming. Please let me know how I can reset the eSignal system.

2. How do I request history for 20 symbols? Do I send all 20 requests at the same time (sequentially) or do I have to wait for a response between each request?

When you say "fails" are you not getting any results for the second or does the IDE crash?

1. How do I reset the data server as during the debugging process? I tried killing the WinSig process, then I tried killing both WinSig and Winros processes with no luck. The only thing that works is a complete reboot of my system which is extremely time consuming. Please let me know how I can reset the eSignal system.
    From my experience you would to need kill the IDE process via the Task Manager. That should release your IHook for eSignal. If not then kill the Winsig.exe.

2. How do I request history for 20 symbols? Do I send all 20 requests at the same time (sequentially) or do I have to wait for a response between each request?
    This is going to depend how much historical data you're requesting. If you're requesting large amounts you may want to throttle back the symbols and as the data starts coming back add more symbols.

Comment

Working...
    X