MATLAB and API Connection issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATLAB and API Connection issues

Hello I am new to the forum, and I am trying to set up MATLAB and the Esignal API connection to retrieve data. However I am having some difficulty. I am trying to follow the steps on the MATLAB mathworks website, I have build the DLL file and loaded it into the computer. I believe that I have the connection, but when i try and use the code samples from the mathworks site, I either get no data (All zeros) or when i try and acces the historical data I get the following two errors.

D = timeseries(E,'AAPL',[],{'8/01/20012','8/10/2012'},'10')

D =

Empty matrix: 0-by-11

or

> D = history(E,'ABC','CLOSE',{'8/01/2012','8/10/2012'})
    ??? Error using ==> subsindex
    Function 'subsindex' is not defined for values of class 'esig'.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, as I can't seem to figure out what the underlying issue is. Should I try building another one of the DLL files? Or is it a simple case of wrong applications of the matlab code?

We have been using the Matlab & eSignal API for awhile, with mixed results. The documentation and examples from both programs are not always the clearest, or "cleanest", and sometimes not updated as frequently as they could be. I see the AAPL timeseries example you show has an invalid date in it. The format we use is:
    arrayname = timeseries(E,'symbol_code','close',{'mm/dd/yyyy','mm/dd/yyyy'},'symbol_interval');

When the result is an "Empty matrix", and assuming the format of the command is correct, it may indicate that the data is not available for the dates requested. Often that means the starting date was set earlier than eSignal supports for that symbol.

Comment

Working...
    X