Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I know whether I have released all history handles ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I know whether I have released all history handles ?

is there a way to see which or how many history handles are not released ?

Thanks,

Oliver

Keeping track of handles

It is unique to e-signal's activeX that it does not release your resources for you when you are disconnected and/or crash. Even if you restart esignal, it maintains its symbol list.

I have resorted to saving all open resources in the system registry (WriteProfileString), and then cleaning them up when I start my application again. It works.

Comment

There is no function that returns the number of open handles for a given request type in the eSignal Desktop API. For example, there is no getHistoryHandles() function that returns the number of open history handles.

It is the responsibility of the application that implements the eSignal Desktop API to track and release handles.
      Todd Gafford | Developer Support and API Product Manager | Interactive Data Desktop Solutions
      3955 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545

Comment

Release history handles from the application

Does anybody happen to know how an application in VBASIC might check which handles (history handles) are actually being used and how to release them and how to check that they are being released. Any kind of code snippet would be WONDERFUL.

There is a great deal of flexibility in the API but I am just having a little struggle figuring out the edges of that flexibility.

Comment

Please see this thread for a response regarding History Handles:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...&threadid=4506
          Todd Gafford | Developer Support and API Product Manager | Interactive Data Desktop Solutions
          3955 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545

Comment

Working...
          X