C++ sample gives me "NOT ENTITLED"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C++ sample gives me "NOT ENTITLED"

liverep won't help me. They say my account supports ActiveX, but the sample says NOT ENTITLED, when I enter my user name.

C++ Sample-- NOT ENTITLED

When the C++ sample prompts you to enter your account user name, ensure that the name you enter matches the user name listed in your winros.ini file. If these do not match, the application will not be able to verify your entitlements.

If the account user name and password listed in your winros.ini file does have entitlements for ActiveX development, and you are entering the same user name when prompted by the C++ sample, please send me your user name and password so that I may test it here.

You can send e-mail to me at [email protected].
    Last edited by TGafford; 09-15-2003, 11:49 AM.
    Todd Gafford | Developer Support and API Product Manager | Interactive Data Desktop Solutions
    3955 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545

Comment

AXQ vs. AXH Entitlements

Hi Giaru,

I used the login credentials you provided and found that you are correct; the C++ Sample application indicates you are not entitled.

Here's why--

There are TWO ActiveX entitlements available:

1. The Development Entitlement (AXQ, ActiveX Quotes)

2. The Production Entitlement (AXH, ActiveX History)

The AXQ entitlement is used by individual users and product developers alike. Individual users are folks that want to write their own applications to access eSignal, but do not intend to commercialize their work. Product developers write applications with the intent to commercialize their work.

The AXH entitlement is used for applications that have already passed eSignal's certification requirements and that will be commercialized for public consumption.

The AXQ entitlement uses the same user name as listed in the winros.ini file, while the AXH entitlement uses the name of the application-- this name is assigned by eSignal.

So, you have the wrong entitlement. You need the AXQ entitlement to write and to test applications that use the ActiveX API. Please contact your eSignal representative and they will help correct this matter for you.

- Todd -
      Todd Gafford | Developer Support and API Product Manager | Interactive Data Desktop Solutions
      3955 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545

Comment

Working...
      X