Daily candles at pre-open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily candles at pre-open

Seems there is a some kind of a bug - I could not get today's candle data at pre-open hours for traded stocks such as MSFT, JNPR etc even if I specify the whole day (start and end time are set to 0)
    i.e. RequestHistory('MSFT', 'D', btBARS, 1, 0, 0) returns yesterday data.

But I am able to get such data at pre-open for some other stocks however, such as QQQ today, no matter what period is set: 0 or -1.
    i.e. RequestHistory('QQQ', 'D', btBARS, 1, -1, -1) returns today's data.

I suppose there is something connected to local cache - is there is any way to reset it? seems even complete eSignal restart would not help...

BR Harry.

Harry,

This is by design as daily bars for stocks do not typically take into account any pre-market trades. Since you have the benefit of access to the Desktop API, you can access this data though by requesting / processing Time and Sales and building your own daily bars that include the pre-market data.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

It seems it is not acceptable for me - because building own candles when application start at the middle of the day and receive history for about 500 stocks may take the rest of the day to complete . Checking the local clock to determine the type of request isn't applicable because user may have invalid clock time set which will produce poor results.

Actually I don't need the pre-market data, but would have the similar behaviour for all instruments. The pre-market Volume may be useful however

Comment

You don't have to build pre-market candles from time and sales. Just request intraday bars and you'll have to do much less work and it will complete much faster. Try 30 minute bars.

Comment

It seems to be a solution, but to build real-time data I will need to perform some additional checks however to have cumulative volume properly calculated.

It seems not to be a big deal to me, but I am wondering why I sometime have pre-market response for some stocks? today they are $INDU and SPY - I have the extra bar with date set as of today but the data refer to yesterday's values. And eSignal chart display the same data for my account - the yesterday bar is duplicated today.

Comment

Working...
          X