History bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History bug

Last recent history candles for any symbol display as of 1/1/2004 where expected to be 1/2/2004, as well as all eSignal charts.
    Can anyone explain this?

BR Harry.

Looks like it is a server issue to me, though I suppose it could be some config issue with the data manager. Intraday dates are fine, but the most recent daily candle comes across as 1/1/2003 for me here as well. The API is passed data from the main app, so it shouldn't be an API issue.

Comment

GenSpoo or traderprofile,

Do you have any example symbols that you are seeing this on? My daily charts all have the most recent bar as 1/2/04. Perhaps this is due to the market being open, and during the pre-market or during a holiday the servers return a 1/1/04 date. Are you seeing the problem currently?
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

I am looking at about 500 stocks and no one have any bar as of 1/2 - all are 1/1.
        There is all indexes such as $INDU, $UTIL, $COMPQ as well as MSFT, INTC, JNPR stocks etc.
        I am started eSignal application after market open today.

Comment

Hi Jay,

I am seeing it on futures. I just looked at IBM and DELL, and get the correct 1/2/2004 date for them. I also rebooted just to be sure it was still occurring.

Cheers... George

Comment

Photo didn't attach before...
            Attached Files

Comment

There is the screen shot:
              Attached Files

Comment

That's strange. It happens on futures for me, but stocks are fine (even just tried MSFT).

Although, on second though, I am looking at delayed data for stocks, but realtime for futures. Wonder if that is in any way relevant?

Comment

As I'm not seeing this, I suspect that this is a problem in an older version or on a different server than I'm on. I'm on 7.5 build 628, which has a new version of the Data Manager. What version are you both on? (Help --> About...) You can download eSignal 7.5 build 628 from here.

Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

I installed 628 over the a few days ago (over my existing 627).

Comment

I have version: eSignal 7.5 (Build 627), Data Manager 7.5 (Build 270)
                      I'll try to get 628 build...

Comment

just upgraded to 628 - nothing changed, the same 1/1 candles.

Comment

Can you verify that the DM version is now build 271? Sometimes I forget to close the DM when I do an upgrade, and my DM doesn't get upgraded when the installer runs. Just checking on that possibility.

As an aside, I checked out the same servers that GenSpoo was on today (w/ his eSignal user name), and my daily charts were still showing the correct date of 1/2/04. Does restarting eSignal help at all? What about refreshing the chart (Ctrl + clicking on the green OK)?
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

I have build 271 for the DM here. I rebooted earlier to see if that would fix it, but I still get 1/1 for my futures. I also tried the control+OK and that didn't help (just tried it again now). The problem still doesn't affect my delayed stock charts (they show 1/2).

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'History bug'

I am on build 270 of the dm, fyi

Comment

Working...
                              X