Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing of API

Hi,
    can anyone from eSignal answer this one please?
    I'm developing an app based on the Desktop API having paid for a "friends of" account etc. and I'd like to confirm that as and when I complete it I will pay a fee to have it certified, then anyone buying the app off me will only pay whatever I charge, and just need to have the ActiveX control turned on for their account at zero cost....ie they won't have to pay either the $195 setup fee, nor the $20 a month fee.
    Sorry to be a pest, but I've not actually seen this written down anywhere, and knowing my customers won't be billed by eSignal in addition to myself is an important consideration.
    Dave

Here is a quote from JayF (dated July 2003). Hope it helps.

The commercial developer must also sign up for the "eSignal Desktop API with ActiveX Technology" service. Although this can be done through the web, we are encouraging developers to go through an eSignal representative by sending email to [email protected]. This will allow us to discuss with the developer the eSignal Desktop API, the process for certification and all fees.

Certification is a process that is required of all commercial developers that develop an application that they want to sell or distribute to end users. eSignal users who have purchased the certified application, can then add the "Third Party ActiveX User Access" service to their account which allows the user to receive data into the third party application at no additional charge.

Comment

Desktop API etc

Hi,
      yep - I was looking for confirmation, you see the thing is that I can't find anywhere on the site that shows where/how a user would sign up for the free option - all I seem to have had from the company is a non-disclosure agreement, and of course I handed over the money <g> It looks to me like I missed getting some info along the way - or I've misfiled it. Neither have I had, as far as I am able to find or recall, any info on what the certification fee is likely to run to. Generally I'm happy enough with the charges etc, I'd just like to be sure about the total cost of development and the total cost to the user of owning a copy when I'm done.
      Dave

Comment

Re: Desktop API etc

Originally posted by Dave_Pfscan
        I can't find anywhere on the site that shows where/how a user would sign up for the free option
        If you go to the Account Maintenance page and click Add/Cancel Product Services after you login, one of the options you can add to your account (near the bottom) is:

Third Party ActiveX User Access $0.00
        Select only if you've purchased a commercial application that requires ActiveX.

It is my understanding that all a user of your certified app would need to do would be to enable that option and then the SetApplication(...) call in your app would pass in the certified app name (as opposed to the users login name).

Comment

P&amp;F API

Thanks for that,
          I did actually look in account maintenance for this, but it's not listed - presumably because I've had it from the start on my account and there's no point listing what you've already got. You've set my mind at rest there
          Well, 3.12am as usual - I'd best get off to bed - thanks for helping me out here, it is appreciated!
          Dave

Comment

Dave,

If I may make a comment on the fees for certification. I would suggest emailing into [email protected] for that as our Business Development Group is on that email distribution list, and they would be the ones to best assist you with the certification fees.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

API P&amp;F

Hi Jayf,
              thanks - I emailed the contact I arranged the 'friends' bit with before I came onto this BBS, but being New Year I guess replies will take a while - when I saw posting on here I figured it'd be a quicker route to sorting things out. It's not a major concern, I'm reasonably sure how the various bits and pieces fit together, I just seem to have missed the single sheet final draft of it all in plain english
              Apart from a few odd bits and bobs it's all been fine. (like I spent a while trying to find the fault when QQQ didn't return bar data.... surely the API returns some sort of code to denote 'you aren't signed up for that data'? Isentitled seems to merely cover the API use itself and I'm using a timer control loop to increment a counter, at no bars inside 30 seconds it's a 'not entitled').
              I've seen you over on T2W (UK) - you do get around a bit, don't you <g>
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X